My Photo
Name:
Location: St. Louis

I am madly in love with a guy named Justin...who happens to be my husband! I currently work as a nurse, but I want to do so many things in this life! I gave my life to Jesus a long time ago, and I am renewed daily knowing that my life is in His hands. My desire is to grow deeper daily in a relationship with a relentless God.

Thursday, March 24, 2011

slacker

I confess, I have been a slacker today. I've felt a little under the weather, so my best made plans to workout, run, clean, pretty much anything have been only a passing thought. I actually started to do yoga, but I just couldn't get past the first 5 minutes. blahh...

I'm not sure why, but I've wanted to blog every day since I posted tuesday night at work. I didn't realize how great of an outlet this is. I used to journal all of the time, but I love being able to type out my thoughts, delete stuff, and it forces me to be a little more thoughtful of what I am writing. I'm really bad at writing (which you might figure out as I write entries). I add commas everywhere, I write run-on sentences and sometimes my thoughts are just confusing because they are so flighty. My apologies. I did not choose english as a major for many reasons. You will probably thank me for not being your child's english teacher. I have been reading more blogs lately, and a few of them were started for an outlet as the writer was/is going through some really challenging times. That isn't the case for my situation. However, I have been so convicted lately about my flippant attitude of Christ, and how I feel as though i have taken advantage of His love for me lately. I also really struggle with talking to people (mainly my husband) about issues, or even just thoughts. I grew up as the youngest of 4 and the only girl, so I spent a lot of my time just dealing with issues/thinking about stuff on my own. It's been an eye opening experience in marriage, as I have realized that my husband probably misses out on a lot if I don't share things with him. I don't mean for this to be a way around all of that, but sometimes it's nice to just talk and talk with no interruptions. Whew...did that make any sense?  

Anyway, I managed to make it to bible study tonight, which was on God's attribute : Justice. I never really think about God's justice. We are constantly faced, however, with earthly justice. I guess my biggest fault is that I am so sensitive to being "judged" and criticism that I fear God's justice. (Or just don't think about it) I don't know if anyone else remembers, but I loved in elementary school when we had to solve the "___ is to ____ as ___ is to ___" scenarios. Well, I can't quite figure out the other side of the following equation. So, my plan this week is to really dig in to searching scripture and really devoting my quiet time to learning more about God's justice.

justice : mercy :: ____ : ____

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home