My Photo
Name:
Location: St. Louis

I am madly in love with a guy named Justin...who happens to be my husband! I currently work as a nurse, but I want to do so many things in this life! I gave my life to Jesus a long time ago, and I am renewed daily knowing that my life is in His hands. My desire is to grow deeper daily in a relationship with a relentless God.

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Ham and rice skillet hodge podge....

For lack of a better title, this is the dinner I've made twice in the last two days. I know, it's lame, but we are still kind of out of sorts around here. Really, I just threw a bunch of stuff in the skillet yesterday because we had no bread, or any other fixings, really. Justin's dad had brought a pre-cut ham "loaf?" the other day, and we've been chowing on that. We've made breakfast sandwiches, breakfast tortillas, you name it. The latest creation was this skillet thing. I made it the other day but added just one thing this time to make it better.

I started with some olive oil, and sauteed some green and red onions, peppers, and broccoli. I added the ham all sliced up and then some rice from Trader Joes (we love their frozen rice, because you just pop it in the microwave and it's delish.) The last ingredient was Justin's favorite hot sauce.

NOTE: I typically hate anything hot, but the last few months I have been trying to branch out.

I tried a little of this on my creation last time, but it was just a little too much. So, I put just a dash into the skillet after everything had been mixed up and cooked it a little. It added a great flavor without making it TOO spicy. Yum!!



All in all, it took about 10 minutes, and made quite a bit so I can enjoy more for dinner at work tonight!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home