My Photo
Name:
Location: St. Louis

I am madly in love with a guy named Justin...who happens to be my husband! I currently work as a nurse, but I want to do so many things in this life! I gave my life to Jesus a long time ago, and I am renewed daily knowing that my life is in His hands. My desire is to grow deeper daily in a relationship with a relentless God.

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Memories!

Tonight I rode with some of our closest friends, Steven and Nicole up to our other friend's (Jeff and Whitney) wedding reception. Jeff and Whitney are the couple who's wedding we went to in Mexico. I truly miss hanging out with Steven and Nicole, as they are sooo much fun to be around. We enjoyed some desserts...
 (missing from this place is the fruit pizza, and two halves of cheesecake)

(Steven and Nicole enjoying some chocolate dipped strawberries!)

Needless to say, the food was delicious. And the company was even better. It was so great to see Jeff and Whitney! I knew Jeff before Whitney (kind of) and I am so glad that Whitney is a part of my life now. She has been such a great friend, and I hope soon we will be closer than 10 hours!!

(Whitney, looking gorgeous, as always!...and me sporting a hunchback!)

While we were at the reception, the table behind us had a few young and old souls playing skip-bo. I was instantly reminded of the time I spent at my g-ma and g-pa Kirkpatrick's house growing up. They watched me quite a bit in the evenings, and on the weekends. I loved playing games with my Aunt Florence, and watching my grandma meticulously wash/dry and hang up clothes on the clothesline. My grandma used to scour the carpet and pick up anything visible. (I once saw my mom do this and we laughed pretty hard about it) Anyway, long story short, my grandparents have all passed away. Oddly enough, my maternal grandma and paternal grandpa both passed away on the same day. I remember sitting in ole' Cougar Village working on some nursing stuff when my mom called me about grandma.....I'm pretty sure it wasn't more than 2 hours later that she called me again about grandpa. Now, I don't mean to make a sob story, but it was pretty difficult for my family. I haven't had grandparents here on Earth for a few years, and seeing the game of skip-bo earlier between a grandpa and his grandkids got me pretty choked up. Needless to say, I hope our kids can enjoy having grandparents around in their lives.

Whew! Now that I've got that out...we also had guests last night! Justin's sister and her boyfriend came to visit! We took them to the Soulard Farmers Market this morning and nabbed a few items.


(Dani and Chance with their cherries, and Justin and I with some pasta that looks AHHH-mazing!

As you can tell it was a pretty busy day. I came home and cleaned up the house since I have to work tomorrow night. We have a pretty early morning tomorrow, since Justin has to set up for church and I have City Babies duty. I hope tomorrow you see at least a glimmer of God in your life!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home